Thursday, September 10, 2015

If at first you don't succeed...

Okay, so my method of using Easy Off and an old toothbrush are not giving me the results that I had hoped for. True, it's been working but it's an awful lot of effort. There is still a lot of paint left on the models in spite of an all day and then overnight soak.



I combed through forums and blogs and decided to try Simple Green out. It's eco-friendly, smells nice and won't harm my models so that's good. I also feel like a standard firm bristle toothbrush just isn't cutting it either so I went to Home Depot and found these nice metal brushes. One is made out of copper and the other is stainless steel. I tried the copper one out because it was a bit softer than the stainless steel one and it worked really well on the models. Took the paint off and didn't scratch the plastic up!


So after I scrubbed the models with my new brush I put then in a fresh Simple Green bath to soak for a while. A word of caution about the brushes though, be careful with how you handle them because they can poke you easily and draw some blood.


I also received all my paints, primer, washes and basing sand but unfortunately it's raining like hell outside so I can't get started on my 5 man squad that are ready to go.
Hopefully the weather tomorrow is better and I can get primer on them.




No comments:

Post a Comment