Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Journey of a thousand miles...

I figured the first thing that I should do for this project is rip off all the Blood Angels shoulder pads and crack off all the bases. After that I will give them all an Easy Off oven cleaner soak in a mason jar to get rid of all that gross red paint.

As you can see in the above post I jumped the gun and already got all that preliminary work done. I'm currently soaking five tactical Space Marines as a test and I already have one scrubbed nearly clean. I've tried this technique to clean models before but it looks like it works better on metal models than plastic. Either that, or I need a toothbrush that's bristles are more rigid.

I'm going to paint up the first five Space Marines and then I'm going to move onto blasting through the rest all in one go. I'll probably need to get some blue spray primer to speed this along. I'm going for a better than tabletop quality too so this is going to be a long process so stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment