Tuesday, September 15, 2015

More progress made..

I managed to finish up my first five man squad this morning. I finished the shoulder pads and moved on to painting the edge around the base. I know it would definitely speed things along if I painted the edges black but way back when I got involved in the hobby I read somewhere (White Dwarf magazine I think..) that you must paint your base edges Snakebite Leather so ever since then all my bases on all my armies get that treatment. I'm going to have to figure out what updated paint I will need when my last pot of Snakebite dries up.


I also got my next squad of ten marines all based up this morning and primed to go. There are still some red spots here and there on them but I'll hit those places with some Macragge Blue out of the pot and they'll be fine. The only thing that worried me about the models is any kind of weirdness once the primer hit them. Thankfully it's not too bad but some models have a little bit of wrinkles on their base coat. Nothing too bad but I'm not sure what caused it. Maybe a reaction to the simple green? Or maybe it was too muggy out today or possibly a reaction with the old primer residue on the models? I guess it doesn't matter too much because it's barely noticeable and they'll look fine once they are completed. I'm just anal about my models sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment