Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sleepy Smurf

I started my new job last week and so far it's been kicking my ass because it's a lot of activity and early mornings. Two things I'm not super used to. Still, it is always good to have a job so no complaints here. When I get home from work there are a ton of things to do so sadly painting has been taking a backseat to other issues. I've still been painting when I can and when I feel up to it. Currently, I have 5 space marines with a coat of Ultramarine Blue on them. I've been making it my mission to paint at least one marine a night at the very least and tonight I managed to paint two.
The marine on the left has just a Macragge Blue spray coat, a controlled Army Painter Dark Tone wash and Boltgun metal painted on all it's metal parts. The metal bits have all been washed with the Dark tone.
The marine on the right has the first highlight of Ultramarine Blue applied to it. I try to leave a bit of Macragge Blue on the model in places to give it some depth. It looks really nice on the shoulder pads especially if you feather it on a bit.
Hopefully I can make some more progress this week but if not, I will for sure get some painting done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment