Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Always drill out your bolter barrels!!

Okay, so that Easy Off oven cleaner soak takes a bit more work on plastic than on metal. I managed to get most of the paint off of the models but there are bits and pieces of paint on them. I used a toothpick to get those tough spots that the toothbrush missed.

I might have to switch to some other solvent on the plastics because that was way more work than I thought it would be. Still, I'm happy with the results.

Getting the old paint off showed me that people that worked for GW didn't always like to trim mold lines or drill out bolter barrels so I scraped the mold lines and drilled out the barrels. I also got around to basing them today so they are well on their way.

I got another batch of ten marines soaking now and I'm eagerly awaiting my shipment of primer, paints and washes. I figured I would prime them Macragge Blue, wash them with Army Painter Dark Tone Ink. Reapply the Macragge Blue from a pot then layer on some Altdorf Guard Blue. That'll take care of the power armor. I'll of course, line edge highlight the armor too but I just want to get the tough stuff out of the way first and marines' armor is the toughest part of doing them. Hopefully, they match the rest of my Ultramarines army. I know that there are some slight differences between the new and old paints but I'm sure it won't be too noticeable.





No comments:

Post a Comment